The fight for the ultimate title kicks-off with four new teams joining the Classic
February 5, 2020—The Boras Foundation announced today the final bracket for the 4thAnnual Boras Baseball Classic of Arizona beginning March 11, 2020.
“The talent to be showcased at this year’s Arizona Classic is exceptional. The addition of new teams each year proves the elite talent and competitive landscape of America’s pastime. We are excited to host our fourth year in Arizona, the community, teams and fans have welcomed us with open arms and it shows each year as we continue to grow our mission of providing a platform for young athletes to further their education and careers in baseball.”
— Scott Boras, Executive Director of the Boras Foundation
Defending Boras Classic of Arizona champion, 2019 Arizona 6A State Runner-up and co-host Corona del Sol(AZ) is led by a strong senior class with Hunter Haas (Arizona State), Cade Verdusco (Grand Canyon), Bryan Webb (Grand Canyon) and David Utagawa (Northwestern). The Aztecs faceoff against newcomers Copper Hills of Utah to close out day one of the Classic.
Runner-up Hamilton, home to Major Leaguer, Cody (Los Angeles Dodgers) and brother, Cole Bellinger (San Diego Padres), open the Classic against Sunnyslope, who make their Boras Classic debut.
The 2020 Boras Classic of Arizona is host to:
- Two 2019 State Champions and Three 2019 State Runner-Ups
- Two teams ranked in MaxPreps 2020 Way-to-Early Top 25
- 13 participants in 2019 Area Code and Area Code Underclass Games, including Most Outstanding Player Jack Moss (Cherry Creek)
- Nine participants in 2019 Team USA and/or MLB PDP roster trials, including Team USA 18U WBSC silver medalist Hunter Haas (Corona del Sol)
- 40 players already with college commitments, 20 of which are committed to schools in a Power 5 Conference
- 10 players ranked in the Top 250 of the 2020 draft class by Perfect Game
The 16-team invitational pits the most elite high school teams from Arizona, Utah, Colorado and Nevada, to name a Southwest Champion.
All hoping to take the Fourth Annual Boras Baseball Classic of Arizona Southwest Title, the Classic will also feature the talents of: Co-host Arcadia, with newcomers Cherry Creek (CO), Copper Hills (UT), Palo Verde (NV), and Sunnyslope (AZ), with returning teams Cottonwood (UT), Bishop Gorman (NV), Chandler (AZ), Chaparral (AZ), Hamilton (AZ), Mountain Ridge (AZ), Mountain Pointe (AZ), Nogales (AZ), Sunrise Mountain (AZ), and Verrado (AZ).
The 16 high school teams participating in the Classic are guaranteed a minimum of four games with the championship game slated for March 14h, 6 p.m. at Arcadia High School and broadcast live on ESPN3.
The Boras Baseball Classic tournament bracket can be viewed in its entirety, here.